Having a computer or laptop without the legit MS office installed is a shame! Even phones have MS office in them for multiple purposes. Whether you are an individual or an office employee, the office programs are highly efficient and can be used for varied purposes. This includes using MS Excel for creating an invoice, MS Word for typing assignments, dissertation or a formal letter, using PowerPoint presentation for making official PPTs.
Developed by the well-known Microsoft Corporation, MS Office is a must in every PC and laptop. The product suite includes Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Access. Whether it is a Macintosh or Windows operating system, this suite of products can be installed in both.
Now that you have purchased the product, it is time to install office setup. Gone are those days when your family worried too much about calling a computer operator to install Office on the computer. The old-school computers are no longer seen in homes because everyone has a new and improved laptop and swanky PCs.
There is no need to call a computer operator because you can install it yourself. Here are the easy steps to install the suite of products. We shall also mention the prerequisites and ways to purchase the product.
Let’s Install Your Office on the Device
- First step is to sign into your Microsoft account
- Log on to office.com/myaccount and sign in
- Do note that you will be using this Microsoft account for all the functions that you will perform with Office. In case you have a Skype, Outlook, OneDrive and Xbox Live account then you already possess an account.
- In case you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking on ‘create one’. You can use your phone number, an email address or create one. Now click on ‘next’ and create a password. Make sure it is unique and it should have at least eight characters. Make sure it has a number and a symbol or a number and uppercase or lower case letter. Click on next and now type your name and last name. Click on next and the procedure is done. Follow the instructions on-screen.
- Once you have signed in, you would need to enter the product key mentioned on your MS office product. Enter to activate the product successfully. The product key is a 25-digit activation key which will allow you to download and install MS Office.
- Now you are ready to install the product on your laptop/PC. Click on the download link to start the installation process.
- When you are using different browsers, the instructions for download will be different too. For Internet Explorer and Edge, you will see ‘RUN’ option. For Chrome, you will see ‘setup’ option. For Firefox, you will notice ‘Save File’ option.
- You would probably see this command on the screen – ‘Do you want this application to make changes to the device?’ Click on ‘YES’.
- The installation process will begin.
- Once it has completed, you will see the following: You’re all set!
Do ensure that you have activated your product key before installation. This is an extremely important step which you should not miss.
Purchasing the Product
You can easily purchase the MS Office product online or offline. There are many providers, who can provide you the office product. However, you must ensure that you get the activation code. Some people buy the CD and DVD from stores. They can simply insert the CD or DVD and install the software.
If you have already entered the product key and want to download the software, sign in and click on next and type your password. You will see the download link and clear instructions to follow.
All you would need to do is log into office.com/setup.
System Requirements for Installing MS Office
There are different Office products like Office 365, 2019, 2016, 2010 and more. If it is 365 and 2019, you can use Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Users can also use Internet Explorer and Edge to install the product.
Make sure that the operating system is updated. For 365, you would need a Windows 10, 8, 7, and 8.1. Disk space should be 3 GB and 2 GB of RAM is needed. Monitor resolution should be 1024 x 68. You can even get Office on your tablet and smart phones. The web browser of the devices will support the installation.
When you redeem the product key, you will be able to access and install the MS Office product. This 25-digit code is printed on the product or you will find it in your inbox. You can either buy office for home or for your business.
The choice is strictly yours. By following the above-mentioned steps, you can easily install the product on your system. Make sure there is enough space in your PC, laptop, phone or tablet. Once your PC and laptop meets the system requirements, you will be able to successfully install the product.